These Articles Require Login
While most of our knowledge base articles are public, you must log in to our Zendesk support center to view the ones listed here. We did this to keep some sensitive information (such as how to reset the admin password) available only to verified users of cloudtamer.io.
Click the links below to log in and view the article. If you're a current customer and you don't have a Zendesk login, you can create one by clicking Sign Up in the lower-left corner of the login screen. Only verified customer email domains are accepted.
- Offline Guides
- Downloadable PDFs of the Knowledge Base, Release Notes, and FAQ. Includes all reference files.
Administrators: All CPs
- Initial Configuration
- Initial setup, setting the admin password and master encryption key in the database, how to initialize, licensing info, managing your subscription license, usage units, and upgrading from a demo license.
- Resetting the Admin Password
- Reset the password for the built-in admin account.
- cloudtamer.io Reference Library Jumpstarts
- Objects included in the reference library jumpstarts and what they do. Includes downloads.
- Backup and Recovery
- Recover, restore, and migrate your cloudtamer.io database. Automatic daily snapshot of RDS database. Install cloudtamer.io in a new account. Recovery in instance, service, availability zone, or region failure.
- Managed Resources for Isolated Environments
- Collection of managed resources which can be downloaded and imported when cloudtamer.io doesn't have internet access.
- Aurora Global Database
- How to switch cloudtamer.io to an Aurora Global Database to have a primary database replicated to a secondary region for fast failover and disaster recovery.
- AWS Deployment Guide
- cloudtamer.io installation and deployment in an AWS environment. Includes new app install and upgrading the cloudtamer.io application.
- AWS Management Account Setup Guide
- Configuring your AWS management account to send billing reports to an S3 bucket for use with cloudtamer.io. Enabling cost and usage reports. Adding the IAM role. Adding an AWS billing source.
- Migration from Partition Key to Node Role
- Automatic migration from service user to node role for versions 2.21.0 and higher. Solution to error: all accounts failed to migrate from partition key to node role.
- Azure Deployment Guide
- cloudtamer.io installation and deployment in an Azure environment. Includes new app install and upgrading the cloudtamer.io application.
- Allow Automatic Azure API Key Rotation
- How to enable rotation for the Azure application registration secret under Client Secrets / Azure API key.
- AWS Account Creation Settings
- Specify the placeholder email under AWS Settings, which is used for AWS account creation.
- Configure your SMTP server so that cloudtamer.io can send email notifications. This is under SMTP settings within cloudtamer.io.
AWS Access Keys
- Add an AWS Short-Term Access Key
- Add an AWS short-term access key, which can be enabled in AWS Access settings. You'll see your short-term access keys when you click Cloud Access within cloudtamer.io.
- AWS Permissions Boundary Guide
- How to use cloudtamer.io to deploy permissions boundaries using CloudFormation templates. Allows admins to delegate permissions to users so they can create new AWS service roles (for use with services like EC2 and Lambda) without elevating their own permissions.
- Managing Multiple AWS cloudtamer.io Instances
- Best practices for running separate production and development versions of cloudtamer.io.
- Handling a Webhook
- How to receive and respond to webhook events from cloudtamer.io. Webhooks on EC2 instances and webhooks on Lambda. Includes sample code to create a service in Go that can run on an EC2 instance or in a Lambda function.
- What is a CloudFormation Template (CFT)?
- A CloudFormation template is a method to easily set up and tear down infrastructure in an AWS account. Includes sample CFTs.
- Control Tower
- Using AWS Control Tower with cloudtamer.io, including the JSON file required to deploy the integration. Control Tower is a free AWS service offering SCP and Config guardrails and a landing zone where all your AWS accounts can send CloudTrail logs and notifications for Config rules.
Release Notes - cloudtamer.io release notes, including the CloudFormation templates for the application upgrade.
Shared Content - Compliance Programs (NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, CMMC, SOC 2, and CIS), Tenable.sc middleware, repo module, manually-downloaded reference library, jumpstart utility, and the access key CLI tool.
Deprecated Guides - Deprecated guides and info about deprecated features, such as terminate actions.
FAQS - Frequently asked questions about technical aspects of our software. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Why did I get this error: ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT?