Webhooks will trigger when the cloud rule they are attached to is applied or removed from an OU or a project. However, there may be other cases when you want to manually trigger a webhook on a project.
To manually trigger a webhook on a project:
- In the left navigation menu, click Projects > All Projects.
- Click the name of the project in the list to view its details page.
- Select the Cloud Management tab.
- Select the Cloud Rules subtab.
- Expand the cloud rule where the webhook is attached by clicking on the caret to the left.
- Click the ellipsis menu on the right of the item and select your run option:
- Run Pre-Rule Manually - triggers all pre-rule webhooks on cloud rules attached to the project or inherited from an OU.
- Run Post-Rule Manually - triggers all post-rule webhooks on cloud rules attached to the project or inherited from an OU.
The webhooks will run in the background. If there is an error running the webhook, the owner of the webhook will receive an in-app notification and an email notification.