The organization chart (or org chart for short) provides a bird's-eye view of the entire organization. To access the organization chart, click OUs in the left navigation menu and then click Organization Chart.
Navigating the Organization Chart
The organization chart allows you to zoom in and out as well as expand and collapse the organization structure.
- To view all OUs and projects, click the double-down arrow on the right. You can also collapse or expand the tree using the double-down arrow on each OU.
- To change the view, click the drop-down menu in the top right to change from Policy View to List View, Financial View, Spend View, or Compliance View.
- To quickly locate a specific OU or project in any view, click the search icon in the top left corner.
- To close the organization chart, click the
Xicon in the top right corner.
The organization chart has a few different viewing options, but there are some consistent elements.
Card based views show the OU or project name at the top of the card, and may have the following icons at the bottom.
These icons indicate:
- number of users with permissions for the OU or project
- number of cloud rules applied (attached directly and inherited) to the OU or project
- number of funding sources available to the OU or in the project's spend plan
The status badges that can display on an OU are:
- On Track - all child projects below the OU are spending in accordance with their project spend plan.
- Overspending - the OU's aggregate spend is greater than its aggregate planned.
The status badges that can display on a project are:
- On Track - the project is spending in accordance with the project spend plan.
- Overburning - an overburning event has been triggered for this project, which indicates a spending threshold has been reached or exceeded. To learn the triggers that caused this event, see the Enforcements tab on the project details page.
- Overspending - the project has spent more than was available through the project spend plan.
- Funding Expired - the project does not have any active funding sources on the project spend plan.
Select Policy View to see where cloud rules are applied in your organization's hierarchy and how they are inherited by child OUs and projects.
Select List View for a simplified view of the OUs and projects in your organization. This view makes it easy to quickly find a specific OU or project and see which status badges are active on it.
To focus on a section of the chart, hover over an OU or project and click Filter Org Chart. The chart is automatically filtered to show the ancestry, siblings, and children of the selected OU or project. To refine the filtered results, click the filter icon and select which categories you want to view.
Select Financial View for a rollup of financial information for each OU/project.
Each OU displays this financial information:
- A status badge.
- Funds Received - total funds from funding sources that have been allocated to the OU.
- Spent - total amount spent by only direct child projects.
- Aggregate Spent - total amount spent by all child projects.
- Planned - total amount planned by only direct child projects.
- Aggregate Planned - total amount planned by all child projects.
- Available - total funds available that can be allocated to child projects or child OUs or recalled by a parent OU.
- Allocated - total funds allocated to direct child OUs.
Each project displays this financial information:
- A status badge.
- Spent - total amount spent by all attached AWS accounts, Azure subscriptions, and Google Cloud projects.
- Planned - total amount planned in the project spend plan.
Select Spend View to see what percentage of funds are utilized by an OU and what percentage of funds are spent by a project. Utilization is defined as the amount from all funds which are allocated to direct child OUs or planned to direct child projects. This view is valuable because it shows where there are large amounts of funds that are available to allocate or plan from an OU. It also shows if there are projects that need funds or are not using the funds that have been planned for its use.
Select Compliance View to see the compliance standings for your OUs and projects at-a-glance. With a weighted compliance score and visual indicators for the most severe non-compliant checks, you'll see which OUs and projects are compliant and which non-compliant ones need your attention most urgently.
For both OUs and projects, you will see:
- A doughnut chart showing the proportion of compliant vs non-compliant checks for the OU/project and the severity of the non-compliant checks. The colors represent:
- Green: compliant checks.
- Maroon: non-compliant checks of critical severity.
- Red: non-compliant checks of high severity.
- Orange: non-compliant checks of medium severity.
- Yellow: non-compliant checks of low severity.
- Blue: non-compliant checks of informational severity.
- A compliance score for the OU/project weighted by severity of non-compliant checks. A lower score is better, and a score of 0 means no compliance issues. Learn more in the Compliance Score article.
- Total Checks - the total number of compliance checks for the OU/project.
- View Compliance Summary - a link to the OU or project's compliance tab within its details page.