If you manage an OU, you can request an exemption from a cloud rule that has been applied to your OU via inheritance. Once approved, the cloud rule will no longer be applied, and any changes that the cloud rule made to your OU will be reversed.
To exempt an OU from an inherited cloud rule:
- In the left navigation menu, click OUs> All OUs.
- Click the name of the OU to see its details page.
- Click the Cloud Management tab and the Cloud Rules sub-tab. You will see a list of cloud rules applied to the OU.
- Click the caret to the left of the cloud rule to expand its info.
- Click the ellipsis menu to the right of the cloud rule's Status column and select Request Exemption. If this is not an option, the cloud rule may be applied locally.
- Enter an optional comment for the request in the pop-up modal.
- Click OK.
Your request will be sent to those with the manage permission on the OU where the cloud rule is applied. If the same cloud rule is applied to multiple parent OUs, you will need to request an exemption from each one.