To view all users click Users > All Users in the left navigation menu. The logged-in user will display a This Is You badge.
You can click on the user's name to visit their user details page. Clicking the ellipsis menu on the right of a user gives you different options depending on the IDMS you are using. The possible options include:
- View - view the user's details.
- Edit - edit the user.
- Disable - disables the user, which means they can no longer log in. Users can be re-enabled at any time by an administrator.
- Unlock - unlock a user's account. This option is available to admins if a user has been locked out due to excessive login failures.
- Enable - enables an already disabled user, allowing them to log in again.
- Delete - deletes the user.
- Reset MFA - forces the user to register a new MFA token at the next login. This is for situations where the user loses their MFA token.
Users that have been locked out due to login failures will be displayed with the badge shown below. You can configure the lockout parameters on the Edit an Internal IDMS page. An admin can select Unlock in the ellipsis menu to unlock the account.
User Details: Overview Tab
Click the name of the user to view their details page, including a tab menu for the user. A More tab will display when there are more tabs than the screen can accommodate; you can click More to review the remaining menu options.
The Overview tab shows by default, which provides the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Username - unique across the IDMS (Identity Management System)
- Email - if available
- Phone - if available
- Created - the date when the user was added to the application
- Last Login - date of the user's last login
- IDMS - Identity Management System where the user exists
User Details: User Groups Tab
The User Groups tab displays all groups of which the user is a member. You'll see the following info:
- User Group Name - name of the user group
- Roles - the user's permission roles that are applied via this group.
- Role Origin - where the role is applied (either local, global, or inherited).
User Details: Projects Tab
The Projects tab displays all projects for which the user has permissions. You'll also see the user's permissions role for the project in the Role column.
User Details: OUs Tab
The OUs tab displays all OUs for which the user has permissions. You'll also see the user's permissions role for the OU in the Role column.
User Details: Funding Sources Tab
The Funding Sources tab displays all funding sources with which the user is associated. You'll also see the user's permissions role for the funding source in the Role column.
User Details: Cloud Rules Tab
The Cloud Rules tab displays all cloud rules where the user is the owner.
User Details: Cloud Access Roles Tab
The Cloud Access Roles tab displays all the cloud access roles that allow the user to log into cloud accounts.
User Details: Permissions Tab
The Permissions tab allows you to see a list of permissions that the user has on each item within cloudtamer.io. This is the best way to see exactly what access a user has throughout the application.
To learn what permissions a user has:
- On the Permissions tab, click an item type within the Item Type list. This will filter the items displayed in the Item list.
- Click an item within the Item list.
- The permissions the user has for that item will be displayed in the Permissions list.
User Details: Linked Azure Accounts Tab
The Linked Azure Accounts tab shows a list of all Azure accounts linked to this user. The information includes the Azure Username and the Azure Tenant. This section will only be shown if Azure is enabled as a cloud provider for your organization, and it requires appropriate permissions to view the information on another user's page.