To see all the funding sources you have permission to view:
1. Click Financials in the left navigation menu.
2. Click All Funding Sources.
Click the + at the top to add a new funding source. You can filter by keyword, users, groups, or dates active using the Filters button on the top left. You can also sort results using the drop-down menu on the top right. Use the list and grid buttons next to the sort drop-down to switch between list view and grid view, and use the arrow buttons to move through pages of results.
By default, funding sources will be displayed as cards in grid view. The cards include the following information:
- Funding source name
- Total funding amount
- Start and end dates
- A circular graph that illustrates how funds are being utilized
- Spent: total amount spent by all child projects
- Planned: total amount planned for all child projects
- Available: total amount available that can be recalled by a parent OU or allocated down to a child OU
- Overspend: total amount of overspend by all child projects using the funding source (overspend is the amount a project spends from a funding source beyond what had been planned)
- The number of projects with the funding source in their spend plan
- The number of budget enforcement actions triggered on the funding source
Funding Source Menu
In the top right corner of both the card and detail view, you will notice a vertical ellipses icon. Click on the ellipsis icon to view the funding source menu options.
These are the funding source menu options:
- Edit Funding Source: allows you to edit the funding source display name, amount, end date, permission scheme, owners, and description
- Delete Funding Source: deletes the funding source; note that you must first remove all objects attached to the funding source before you can delete
- Manage User Permissions: allows you to assign users and groups to funding source roles; roles have individual permissions on the funding source
- Enforcements: allows you to edit the enforcement actions on the funding source
Funding Source Details: Overview Tab
Click the name of the funding source to view its details page, including a tab menu for the funding source. A More tab will display when there are more tabs than the screen can accommodate; you can click More to review the remaining menu options.
The Overview tab shows by default. In the Overview tab, you'll see two sections: Funding Source Details and OUs Using This Funding Source
The Funding Source Details section shows:
- Total Funding: total amount of funds on the funding source
- Top Level OU: OU where the funding source is attached
- Funding Period: period when the funding source can be drawn from by projects
- Description: area used to show information about the funding source
The OUs Using This Funding Source section shows a list of OUs that have been allocated any amount from this funding source.
Funding Source Details: Financials Tab
The Financials tab has two sections: Financials and Financial Drilldown by Project
The circular graph under Financials depicts the following:
- How much of the funding source has been spent
- How much is planned to be spent
- The amount of funding available
- The amount of overspend
Overspend is calculated on total overspend at the funding source level rather than the sum of child project overspend. If one child project overspends and others underspend enough to compensate, the funding source will still be on track.
You can hover over each colored portion of the graph to see the percentage associated with each color.
The Financial Drilldown by Project table shows the following:
- The name of each project
- The parent OU of the project
- How much each project has spent from this funding source
- The planned amount the project is allowed to spend from this funding source
Funding Source Details: OUs Tab
The OUs Tab shows all OUs that have been allocated funds from this funding source. Each line in the OU Allocations chart displays:
- OU Name column: The OU's name and parent OU
- In column: How much funding has been allocated to it
- Out column: How much of the allocated funding has been used
- Available column: How much of the allocated funding is still available
- Used by Projects column: How much of the available funding has been allocated to projects on the OU
Funding Source Details: Enforcements Tab
If there are any enforcements placed at the funding source level, they will display here. Each row in the table will show:
- Trigger: The conditions that must be met for the enforcement
event to take place. The enforcement description will display below the trigger, if applicable.
- Event: The enforcement action that will take place when the trigger conditions are met.
- Origin: Where the enforcement action originates (local, inherited, global).
- Applied By: The user that applied the trigger.
- Status: Whether or not the enforcement is enabled or disabled.
You can learn how to add a new financial enforcement action on this funding source in the Add a Financial Enforcement Action to a Funding Source article.
Funding Source Details: Users Tab
The Users tab provides a list of users who have access to the funding source. This includes users that are in groups as well. To see the group names, you can click on the User Groups tab. If you hover over each icon, it will tell you if the permission is local (applied directly on the project), inherited (inherited from a parent OU), or global (applied across the entire application).
Funding Source Details: Permissions Tab
The Permissions tab provides access lists by user or by permissions.
If you click on By User, you get a list of all users with access to the funding source. If you click on a user, you get a list of funding source permissions the user has. If you click on a permission, you get a list of roles where the user is assigned the permission. If you click on a role, you see where the permission originated.
If you click on By Permission, you get a list of permissions. If you click on a permission, you get a list of users with that permission. If you click on a user, you get a list of roles the user is assigned the permission. If you click on a role, you see where the permission originated.
Funding Source Details: Notes Tab
The Notes tab provides access to any notes that have been added by users. You can also take a new note by clicking the Add button in the top right corner.