Every OU that is not a top-level OU is considered a child OU. Child OUs inherit cloud rules and draw funding from the parent OU directly above them.
To create a child OU:
- In the left navigation menu, click OUs > All OUs.
- Select the parent OU for your new OU and click on the ellipsis menu.
- Click Add New Child OU.
- Enter an OU Name to identify it throughout the application. The name must be unique among OUs. The parent OU will be pre-selected based on the OU you chose.
- In the Permissions Scheme drop-down menu, select the Default OU Permissions Scheme or another custom scheme.
- Note: if custom permission schemes are turned off, you will not see this field, and the default permission scheme will be used.
- In the Owners drop-down menu, select at least one user or a user group.
- Enter an optional Description.
- Click Create OU.